The Engaged Scholarship Initiative
At Penn State, engaged scholarship is defined as out-of-classroom academic experiences that complement in-classroom learning. Members of the University community are working on ways to elevate the role of engaged scholarship in undergraduate education and to create more opportunities for students to have such experiences.
This website is provided as a resource to help you learn more about the initiative. Here you will find:
- Examples of engaged scholarship experiences
- Information about University groups that are helping to advance the initiative
- Recommended readings about engaged scholarship
- Examples of engaged scholarship partnerships
- A growing body of resources
We invite you to learn more by exploring this site, attending an event, talking to your peers and colleagues, connecting with College and campus resources, and contacting us! We also invite you to contribute to this site by sharing examples, additional resources, and more. Please contact us with your contributions, questions, or suggestions.